The UK’s only festival of Nordic fiction & film returns to London’s Old Truman Brewery on February 1st & 2nd.
Meet BORGEN Statsminister Sidse Babett Knudsen and the stars of The Bridge Sofia Helin and Kim Bodnia + watch the final 2 episodes ahead of transmission.
Following the incredible success of last year’s event, Nordicana returns to London this February. A 2-day live celebration of Scandinavian crime & thriller fiction, film & TV as well as the broader cultural aspects that these popular genres encompass, including food, drink, fashion, furnishings.
The event is brought to you by Arrow Films’ Nordic Noir label in association with Radio Times and Pan Macmillan.
Nordicana will play host to the stars of the hugely popular Nordic TV series‘ and international best-selling authors, with panel discussions, signings, exclusive screenings, talks, retail stands, books, DVD and Blu-rays, food and drink and much, much more. The venue for this unique event will be The Old Truman Brewery in London.
The full schedule of events and guests is still to be revealed but highlights of the two-day festival in London, include:
- Stars of Nordic Noir TV & Film on stage discussing their work – confirmed so far are:
- THE BRIDGE – Lead stars Sofia Helin and Kim Bodnia (who play detectives Saga Norén and Martin Rohde) with screenings of the last 2 episodes, followed by Q&A’s hosted by broadcaster Suzi Perry & journalist Alison Graha
- BORGEN – cast & crew panel talk with lead stars Sidse Babett Knudsen, Pilou Asbæk, creator Adam Price, producer Camilla Hammerich and composer Halfan E hosted by Radio Times editor Ben Preston.
- THE KILLING & BORGEN star – Marie Askehave
- PIONEER – advance preview screening plus Q&A with Aksel Hennie (Headhunters)
- NORTHWEST – advance preview screening plus a Q&A with director Michael Noer and star Roland Møller (A Hijacking)
- WALLANDER: THE TROUBLED MAN – advance preview screening plus Q&A with Krister Henriksson, AKA Kurt Wallander, and co-star Charlotta Jonsson
- Plus authors Arne Dahl, David Hewson, Emma Kennedy, Barry Forshaw, Håkan Nesser- all confirmed to take part in discussions throughout the weekend.
- Signing sessions with the actors and authors
- ‘A great Scandilicious Cinnamon Bun-off’ hosted by Signe Johansen – author of Scandilicious – judged by Celebrity Masterchef winner Emma Kennedy and Great British Bake-off winner John Whaite.
- ‘Eat Like a Scandi’ – Scandilicious’ Signe Johansen hosts a celebrity food expert panel to discuss the Nordic diet and palette and share some secrets of good Scandi cooking.
- The Nordic Marketplace showcasing the best in Nordic design, furnishings and film.
- Lots of tasty treats in our dedicated food hall from The Scandinavian Kitchen.
- The Nordicana Bar.
- Live music and entertainment throughout the event.
- All day Film and TV episode Screenings.
- Nordicana nippers area with free kids entry to the event for under 16’s.
Special guests will be confirmed right up to the start of the event. Please note, guest attendance is subject to work and personal commitments.
Opening times: Saturday 1st – 10am to 8pm / Sunday 2nd – 10am to 5pm .
For more information, visit http://nordicnoir.tv/nordicana